Looking for a new FTP client? WinSCP does a lot and is totally free to use. WinSCP is a freeware SFTP, FTP and SCP client for Windows using SSH. The main feature is the safe copying and transfer of files between your computer and server (or another computer) located elsewhere.
Once you get this freeware FTP client up and running you should notice that the interface is much like any other FTP client out there. These days, most FTP clients do their very best to match up with your standard Windows Explorer layout and WinSCP is no exception to this rule.
Some of the features of WinSCP include:
- PuTTY Portable integration
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Windows Explorer-like and Norton Commander-like interfaces
Lost once you finished the install? The WinSCP website has a lot of great information to help you get started. Every webmaster out there using a paid for hosting account needs a great FTP client to help them get the job done. WinSCP goes above and beyond your average FTP client and delivers a ton of great features for free. You can download WinSCP from WinSCP.net.