A great PHP powered blogging script, that is just one way to describe the greatness that Serendipity provides. Serendipity is a fantastic weblog application that can give a user an easy way to maintain an online journal, a blog or even a very complex website. Without editing it, it delivers a setup that is perfect for your casual blogger.
Here are some of the features that Serendipity provides:
- WYSIWYG and HTML editing
- Built-in, powerful media database
- Multiple authors, configurable permission/usergroup system
- Threaded comments, nested categories, post to multiple categories
- Multiple languages (internationalization)
- Online plugin and template repository for easy plug-and-play installation
- Cool plugins: category-based sub-blogs, podcasting, RSS planet/aggregator, static pages
- Robust spam blocking
- One-click upgrading from any version
- Can be embedded into your existing web pages
- Standards-compliant templating through Smarty, remote blogging via XML-RPC
- BSD-style licensing
- Multiple Database support (SQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MySQLi)
- Shared installations can power multiple blogs from just one codebase
Once you toss in the great number of plugins and the flexible, easy-to-use framework and you have a package that will be able to run a very big and powerful website. Casual users will like the ease they can jump in and use Serendipity – experts will enjoy the fact that you can do a lot under the hood to make Serendipity into the publishing platform they need.
You can learn more about Serendipity at s9y.org.