In need of a guestbook? I had thought these things had gone away after the days of GeoCities websites – but apparently people are still making these. One of the ones that seem the best is called Lazarus. Lazarus is a free guestbook script written in PHP that uses your MySQL database for storage and is based upon the excellent Advanced Guestbook script from Proxy2.
So how are we looking, as far as features go?
- Use Captcha or Saptcha to prevent automated posting
- Each guestbook generates a unique form
- Time delay before guests can post
- Email address. You can even make email addresses required
- Graphical smileys (emoticons)
- Previewing of entries
- Other guests can comment on existing entries
Not bad at all. I think if you can find a need for having a guestbook, then Lazarus is well worth checking out. You can download it from the official website or ask your web host if it is available as a one click install.