Piwik is a open source web analytics software program. It provides you with detailed real time reports on your website visitors: the search engines and keywords they used, the language they speak, your popular pages and so much more. Piwik aims to be an open source alternative to Google Analytics.
Here are a few of the great features that Piwik has to offer:
- A clean and user-friendly interface to present data and to aid in data analysis.
- Clear and concise graphics presenting important information in an easy-to-understand format.
- Free: phpMyVisites is completely free. A logo may be added if desired.
- Security: Because security is a critical software element, phpMyVisites has maximum protection against intrusions and external attacks.
- Multiple Web Sites: Multiple web sites may be added. Each site will have precise and distinct statistics.
- Multi Users: Add an infinite number of users and manage permissions for each user (viewing and/or administration rights for certain sites).
- International: phpMyVisites is available in more than 30 languages.
- Open source, Free: The source code is readily available and you are welcome to participate in the project (create new modules, personalize the interface, etc.).
- Precise visitor statistics over a period of time (day/week/month/year).
- Visitor Frequency: new visitors, regular (known) visitors, and how often visitors view the web site.
- And much more
Want to learn more? I would highly suggest you go check out piwik.org. This script is one of the best web analytics suits I’ve seen outside of Google Analytics. It is definitely worth trying out if you want to know more about what people are doing with or on your website.