Pebble is a lightweight, open source, Java EE blogging tool. It’s small, fast and feature-rich with unrivalled ease of installation and use. Blog content is stored as XML files on disk and served up dynamically, so there’s no need to install a database. All maintenance and administration can be performed through your web browser, making Pebble ideal for anybody who is constantly on the move or doesn’t have direct access to their host.
Here is what Pebble can do:
- Posting and management of content through your web browser, including rich text editor support.
- Blogger and MetaWeblog API interface included for posting content via compatible tools.
- Categorisation of content into multiple hierarchical categories.
- Tagging of content and a generation of a tagcloud.
- RSS enclosures for distributing files or podcasting.
- Simple content publication workflow.
This is a very interesting blog script. Want to learn more? Head to pebble.sourceforge.net.